Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hello Oklahoma City
Famously known as “The Big Friendly”, Oklahoma City is the largest city in the U.S state of Oklahoma. This capital sadly became famous after the bomb attack in 1995 which took 168 lives. This city offers everything for a tourist ranging from adventurous outdoor activities to family fun places and romantic retreats.
What to explore:
- Science museum Oklahoma- Displays science based topics intended to educate and entertain kids as well as adult visitors. Learn to ride a segway, walk into tornado stimulator, enjoy lawn games, picnic at the expansive grounds
- Oklahoma City zoo- Features more than 500 animal species like Asian elephants, lionkeets, flamingos, gorillas, alligators; the zoo also allows you interactive experiences like giraffe feeding, sea lion shows.
- Oklahoma City national memorial- It’s a tribute to the victims and survivors of the bombings at Alfred P. Murrah federal Building on April 19, 1995.
- Brick town- City’s prime entertainment hub lets you enjoy shopping, dining, gaming, watch movies, river walk.
- Myriad Botanical Garden- An urban park with a tropical conservatory area known as ‘Crystal Bridge’ and also a amphitheatre by the name ‘water stage’.
- Remington park- It has a horse racing track hosting Oklahoma derby every year in may featuring American Quarter Horse. All year park is open for casino gaming.
- Other must visit places- Museum of Osteology, Will Roger’s park, American Banjo Museum.
Where to stay:
- Colcord Hotel- A 12 story skyscraper offering luxurious stay with supreme comfort
- Sheraton- Luxury hotel with indoor pool, grand dining, cocktail bar.
- The Skirvin Hilton- Rated 4-star hotel, best among mid-range hotels.
- Holiday Inn & Suites- A budget hotel featuring standard rooms as well as family suites.
- Hampton Inn & Suites- Another well managed budget hotel providing all good amenities